Ronnie Wood of Rolling Stones Arrested for Alleged Assault on Girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova
Photo: Ronnie Wood and girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova.
Wood was released on bail Thursday after being arrested in southern England.
Wood's private life has been in turmoil for more than a year since he started a relationship with Ivanova. That led to his divorce last month by Jo Wood, his wife of 24 years, on the grounds of adultery.
His romantic troubles have provided ample fodder for Britain's tabloids, who frequently print photographs of the craggy, aging rocker cavorting with his young girlfriend, a one-time cocktail waitress.
Police in Surrey said the 62-year-old from the town of Esher was arrested on suspicion of assault in connection with a domestic incident on Claygate High Street, south of London.
Police said he was bailed out on Thursday and he will face further inquiries in January. They did not release any details about the incident.
"I can confirm that there was an incident last night and that Ronnie Wood was arrested," said David Rigg, Wood's spokesman. "He has since been released on police bail."
Wood has been a guitar stalwart of the Rolling Stones, one of the world's longest-running and most popular rock bands.
In recent years he has also found some success as a painter, selling his works in numerous galleries.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released