Jennifer Capriati charged with stalking, battery, for Valentine's Day confrontation with ex-boyfriend
(AP) NORTH PALM BEACH, Fla. - Former tennis star Jennifer Capriati has been charged after police said she punched her ex-boyfriend on Valentine's Day while he was working out at a gym.
Palm Beach County court records show Capriati has been issued a summons to appear before a judge April 17 on stalking and battery charges, though she has not been arrested.
North Palm Beach police say Ivan Brannan was working out when the 36-year-old Capriati approached him and yelled at him. Brannan told police that he tried to get away by walking to the men's locker room, but Capriati blocked his path and punched him in the chest.
Brannan told police he and Capriati broke up in 2012 and that she has harassed and stalked him since then.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase