Delaware couple accused of locking son in room for months
(CBS/AP) NEWARK, Del. - A Delaware couple was indicted Monday for allegedly locking their 12-year-old son in his room for three months.
New Castle County police arrested 41-year-old Robert Hohn III and 39-year-old Shannon Watterson in November 2012 after their malnourished and barefoot boy escaped to a neighbor's house.
Hohn, the boy's father, and Watterson, his stepmother, are facing one count each of felony first-degree child abuse, endangering the welfare of a child and conspiracy as well as unlawful imprisonment and eight counts of misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child.
Police say the boy was locked in his room from September 2012 to late November 2012 and only allowed him to leave when he had to use the bathroom.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship