VIDEO: Florida school bus driver uses foot to push special-needs girl off of bus
(CBS/AP) TAMPA, Fla. - Florida prosecutors released a video Wednesday showing a school bus driver pushing a special-needs girl off the bus with her foot.
Police said 41-year-old Stephanie Wilkerson was driving the special-needs children to school in Tampa on Sept. 28, 2012 when the 8-year-old wanted to get off the bus. She was told to wait her turn, but police said she slapped and pushed the driver.
The video, which was released by the Hillsborough State Attorney's Office, showed Wilkerson using her foot to push the girl off after she hesitated on the steps for about a minute. The girl fell and fractured her ankle.
Wilkerson was charged with aggravated child abuse. School officials said she was hired in Aug. 2008.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Ill. man dodges $70 restaurant bill, gets 3 years in prison