Raven Furlong Missing: Car of missing Colo. teen found in California, report says
(CBS) -- Authorities discovered a car belonging to a missing Colorado girl over the weekend in Venice, Calif., CBS Los Angeles reports.
Raven Furlong, 17, reportedly left her house in Aurora, Colo. on Feb. 5 with two other friends, according to CBS Los Angeles. Furlong's family received a parking ticket for her car from Venice, leading them to believe that she was in the area.
According to a Facebook page set up by Furlong's family, the Los Angeles Police Department watched over Furlong's car as her stepmother arrived in California during the weekend. She waited by the car for over 12 hours, but no one came to pick it up. The family said there was no proof anyone was with the car since 6 p.m. Friday.
"Inside the car items found of Raven's appeared as if she may be with the car, but the disturbing items belonging to others raised more issues and unanswered questions continue," according to the Facebook post.
Furlong last contacted her stepmother in February, but they spoke for less than two minutes and the teen had to quickly hang up because she was calling from a phone that did not belong to her, CBS Los Angeles reports.
Her stepmother, Lin Furlong, said she fears her daughter may have been kidnapped after her name turned up on a modeling site, ModelMayhem.com, according to the station.
"There may be some legitimate photographers on there, but I think it's a gateway for trafficking young women," Lin Furlong said.
Raven Furlong's parents are offering a $1,000 reward for information in her disappearance case. Anyone with information about her whereabouts can call 1-800-THE-LOST.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen