Sara Barrett Murder: Wash. man who asked TV station to post on Facebook that he killed his wife, is charged with murder
The News Tribune reports the 42-year-old Barrett of Spanaway, Wash. is being arraigned Monday afternoon in Pierce County Superior Court. He is also charged with attempting to elude police in a chase that led up to his arrest early Thursday in Gig Harbor.
The medical examiner's office says 42-year-old Sara Barrett was asphyxiated. Her body was found later Thursday morning. Court papers say she had filed for divorce a few days before she was killed.
KOMO-TV reports Tony Barrett called the station Wednesday evening and asked it to say on its Facebook page he had killed his wife. The station called police.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors