VIDEO: Pa. mother forced daughter, 12, to fight, police say
(CBS) UPPER DARBY, Pa. - Michelle Davenport, a mother in Delaware County, Pa., is facing criminal charges after she allegedly encouraged her 12-year-old daughter to fight another girl, CBS Philly reports.
Police say Davenport took her 12-year-old daughter to an elementary school playground over the weekend and confronted another 12-year-old girl.
Upper Darby Police released a cell phone video of the fight Wednesday. On the video, an onlooker can be heard saying, "Do you want to see your daughter?" to Davenport.
"I don't wanna see nothing. I wanna see her kick you're a**. That's what I wanna see OK?," she reportedly responds.
According to police, the two girls are seen punching and kicking one another and Davenport can be heard coaxing on her daughter, telling her to take down the other 12-year-old girl, the station says.
At one point, the girls wanted to stop, but Davenport allegedly insisted they go on.
"You've got her daughter with a bloody nose. You've got the other kid with a concussion, all because the mother acted like a moron. Pure and simple," Upper Darby Police Supt. Michael Chitwood said.
Authorities say the 45-year-old Davenport, of Clifton Heights, Pa., was charged after cell phone video of the fight surfaced. Both Davenport and her daughter are charged with simple assault and the daughter has been placed in the custody of her father.
The other 12-year-old involved in the fight was treated for a concussion and released from a hospital.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles