Krim Murders: Yoselyn Ortega, NYC nanny accused of killing two children, appears in court
Yoselyn Ortega was hospitalized for weeks with stab wounds police said were self-inflicted after the Oct. 25 killings. She was arraigned at the hospital in November but has since been released. She appeared in court Friday wearing glasses and her hair in braids.
Lawyers say psychiatric evaluations for Ortega are not complete, and they need more time to review medical records to determine whether she is fit for trial.
Authorities say Ortega stabbed 6-year-old Lucia Krim and her 2-year-old brother, Leo, while the children's mother was out with a third child.
The three were found in the bathroom of the Upper West Side apartment.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home