Krim Murders: Yoselyn Ortega, NYC nanny accused of killing two children, appears in court
Yoselyn Ortega was hospitalized for weeks with stab wounds police said were self-inflicted after the Oct. 25 killings. She was arraigned at the hospital in November but has since been released. She appeared in court Friday wearing glasses and her hair in braids.
Lawyers say psychiatric evaluations for Ortega are not complete, and they need more time to review medical records to determine whether she is fit for trial.
Authorities say Ortega stabbed 6-year-old Lucia Krim and her 2-year-old brother, Leo, while the children's mother was out with a third child.
The three were found in the bathroom of the Upper West Side apartment.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase