"Butterfinger Burglars": Candy bar trail ends in arrests
Officers responded to the store break-in late Sunday night. They followed the trail of dropped Butterfingers bars from the store to a nearby apartment complex. While some officers kept an eye on the apartment building and talked to some residents, others watched a surveillance video from the store.
Police say a pair of cowboy boots worn by one of the burglars matched a pair found at the apartment building's laundry room. That and other evidence, including the "candy connection," helped officers identify the two 17-year-olds, who were arrested Monday morning.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home