Front-end loader crashes into diner; no accident, say N.J. police
No, that's not the opening line of a country song.
It happened in Westville, N.J., late Wednesday night, CBS Philly reported.
The town's police chief, Fred Lederer, says a call came in from a business next to the Piston Diner, where workers watched the scene unfold on a surveillance camera.
"A front-end loader comes up the street, from what we believe is a construction site about a quarter mile from here," Chief Lederer told CBS Philly. "The vehicle made a loop in the middle of Route 130 and drove into the side of the Piston Diner," the chief said.
No one was hurt, but Lederer said shortly after the heavy vehicle crashed into the diner, the person believed to have been behind the wheel got into a silver SUV that had just pulled up, and took off.
According to CBS Philly, diner owner Jason Kramer says the operator lifted the front bucket after crashing though the wall, to do as much damage as possible.
"See that's the thing, we're good to people, all these construction guys were coming in every morning, so I don't know who could have done it."
Chief Lederer says they found mini liquor bottles in the front-end loader, and police are sending them for fingerprint analysis.
"The sad thing...you have to hand people their paychecks for the last time today. I won't be open for another month and a half," Kramer said.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case