Parent, two students, in "brutal" fight with teacher at L.A. middle school, report says
The tipster called it "a brutal attack."
School police confirmed to the station that an attack occurred at the John Muir Middle School about 9 a.m. Wednesday.
LA Unified School District (LAUSD) spokesperson Tom Waldman told the station that a mother, Kiki Fowler, and two students who accompanied her, were involved in the attack. Authorities said the fight started when Fowler walked into the special education office to make an appointment.
When she was instructed to leave, the LAUSD says the woman and the two students confronted the teacher.
LAUSD says police arrived and took the mother and the two students suspects into custody.
A source, who wished to remain anonymous, wrote to CBS Los Angeles, saying: "I do think the public awareness of this event is needed. This event has been brewing for some time and the need to have some kind safety procedures in place at our local schools is essential."
The teacher's name and the extent of her injuries, if any, were not disclosed.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor