Las Vegas Strip Shooting Update: Ammar Harris, suspected gunman, arrested in LA, police say
Las Vegas police Capt. Chris Jones says Ammar Harris, a felon, was arrested Thursday by a team of police and federal agents in Studio City.
The 26-year-old is a self-described pimp who was the subject of a multi-state manhunt following the Feb. 21 gunfire and chain-reaction crash that killed three and injured at least five.
Police say he fired at least five shots into a Maserati sports car, killing aspiring rapper Wayne Cherry Jr. who he argued with earlier in the valet area of a Las Vegas Strip resort.
Mortally wounded, Cherry accelerated and slammed into a taxi cab that burst into flames, killing cab driver Michael Boldon and his passenger, Sandra Sutton-Wasmund of Maple Valley, Washington.
According to CBS Miami, Harris was arrested in Miami Beach last December for reckless driving. Police say he was also cited for driving without a valid license.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt