Kira Trevino Update: Husband charged with murder after blood found everywhere in home, police say
Jeffery Trevino was charged with felony second-degree murder Thursday morning in connection with Kira Trevino's Feb. 21 disappearance. His bail has been set at $500,000.
Jeffery, 39, first reported his 30-year-old wife missing to St. Paul Police, saying that she was suffering "a midlife crisis," the station reports.
Kira's car was discovered on a parking ramp at The Mall of America, where she worked as a store manager, on Friday morning with her not around. Police say they found evidence of blood along the rim of the trunk and also found a trunk liner nearby that had blood on it. Her cell phone and purse were inside the vehicle, according to the station.
Police went to the couple's home to execute a search warrant. The criminal complaint says a number of freshly washed towels and clothes were found, along with bleach bottles, a mop, bucket, and carpet cleaner, the station reports.
Investigators said there were blood spatters found in the master bedroom, the living room, the bathroom, the hall and also in the basement.
Although Kira's body has not been found, police say there is probable cause to conclude she is dead, based on the amount of blood that was found and the fact that she hasn't been heard from in a week, the station says.
According to the criminal complaint, Kira Trevino reportedly told family members she had been having marital problems and was considering leaving her husband.
Jeffery Trevino was first detained by authorities on Wednesday on suspicion of homicide. Investigators say Trevino is not cooperating with authorities.
The couple had been together for eight years and married for at least three.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Wife guilty of murder for pushing husband out window
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles