Kira Trevino Update: Jeffery Trevino, missing Minn. woman's husband, charged with murder
Jeffery Trevino was charged with felony second-degree murder by the Ramsey County Attorney's Office Thursday morning in connection with his wife's disappearance. The charges have been signed by a judge and bail was set at $500,000, the station reports.
Kira was last seen the night of Feb. 21 when she went to work at the Mall of America. Her car was discovered on a parking ramp the next day with her not around, prompting security to call St. Paul police.
Earlier this week, investigators found enough evidence, though they haven't said what it is, to place Jeffery in the Ramsey County Jail on suspicion of homicide, the station reports. Kira's body has not been found.
According to CBS Minnesota, Kira's mother, Marcie Steger, said she felt angry, betrayed, upset and confused upon hearing of Jeffery's arrest. Kira's siter, Keri Anne Steger, said the thought that she could be dead is haunting their family every single minute.
Keri Anne reportedly said Jeffery and Kira had been together for eight years and married for at least three, but she never really got to know him well.
More on Crimesider
Feb. 27, 2013 - Kira Trevino Update: Jeffery Trevino, missing Minn. woman's husband, arrested on suspicion of homicide, police say
Feb. 26, 2013 - Kira Trevino Missing: Car of Minnesota woman recovered near Mall of America, report says
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests