Andrew Singler Death: Friend accused of stabbing Mich. student tweeted about "regrets," cops say
Connor McCowan was arraigned Monday in Mason District Court. The 18-year-old from Okemos faces a murder charge in the death of 23-year-old Andrew Singler.
McCowan is being held without bond and has a preliminary examination March 7.
Police in Ingham County's Meridian Township say Singler was stabbed around 4 a.m. Saturday and died shortly after his roommate brought the 23-year-old to the emergency room at Lansing's Sparrow Hospital. Details about what led to the stabbing haven't been released, although family members say Singler knew his killer.
According to the Lansing State Journal, at 3:17 a.m. on Saturday, McCowan shared a quote on his Twitter account saying, "This time of the night is when phone calls and texts are regretted in the morning."
A funeral is to be held Wednesday in Rochester, the area where Singler grew up.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"