Dog Shoots Man: Yes, Florida police say it was an accident
(CBS) SEBRING, Fla. - A dog in Florida has walked away perhaps with its tail between its legs but without facing charges after shooting his owner in the leg.
Yes, you read that right.
According to police, it was an accident. The dog, who remains unnamed, had no comment.
Gregory Lanier, 35, of Frostproof, Fla., and his dog were in Lanier's truck Saturday when the dog kicked a loaded gun that was on the floor, shooting Lanier in the leg, the Highlands Today newspaper reported.
Lanier told Sebring authorities he didn't know his .380 pistol was loaded.
The paper reports no one was seriously injured in the incident.
(And we told the whole story without a single mention of gun control!)
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student