Kaitlin Hehir Murder: William Dhonte, slain Mich. court clerk's boyfriend, pleads not guilty to murder
Dhonte, 28, appeared in District Court in Berkley, Mich. via video and was arraigned on a charge of first-degree murder.
Detective Andrew Morche told the court that Dhonte had confessed to Hehir's murder and had described in detail the final violent minutes of his 29-year-old girlfriend's life, the station reports.
According to police, Dhonte said it all started with an argument that turned physical.
"The defendant described hitting Kaitlin in the face with a glass cup, causing her to hit her head on a dresser and fall to the ground. The defendant got on top of Kaitlin and hit her multiple times in the face with his fists, causing her to bleed from the nose and mouth," Morche said.
Morche said Dhonte confessed to then slamming his girlfriend's head against the floor repeatedly before killing her, according to the station.
"The defendant then used his hands to strangle Kaitlin to death as she struggled and fought for her life. The defendant stated that the entire incident lasted about four minutes," said Morche. "The defendant dragged the victim's lifeless body to the basement where he used available tools to dismember her body."
According to Public Safety Director Robert Shultz, Dhonte has previously faced charges for embezzlement and drunken driving.
Dhonte is being held without bond. He is due back in court next week.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence