Kira Trevino Update: Jeffery Trevino, missing Minn. woman's husband, arrested on suspicion of homicide, police say
Investigators say they found evidence inside the couple's home in St. Paul that led to the arrest. Police also say they found evidence in Kira's car, which was found on a parking ramp at the Mall of America over the weekend, the station reports.
Kira, 30, worked at the mall as a manager of the store Delia's and didn't show up for work late last week. The couple lived with a roommate and police say the roommate is cooperating with investigators, according to CBS Minnesota.
Before the announcement of Jeffery Trevino's arrest on Tuesday, Kira's family reportedly tried to remain hopeful as they passed out missing person fliers at the mall.
When contacted by the station after news of the arrest broke, Kira's sister asked for time to process what happened.
Police still consider Kira a missing person, despite booking her husband for suspicion of homicide. They are also asking anyone with information on her whereabouts to contact them, the station reports.
The Ramsey County Attorney's Office said Wednesday morning the case has not been handed over by police for consideration of criminal charges. Meanwhile, Jeffery Trevino must be formally charged by 10 a.m. Thursday or be released from custody if the county attorney doesn't file for an extension to keep him in jail.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today