Debra Denison, Conn. grandma, killed her two grandchildren then herself, police say
State police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance says 47-year-old Debra Denison was armed when she left her Stonington, Conn. home to pick up the children from their daycare in North Stonington Tuesday afternoon. Vance says Denison had permission to pick up the children.
State police issued an Amber Alert Tuesday evening for Denison, 2-year-old Alton Perry and his 6-month-old brother, Ashton. The three bodies were found in a parked car in nearby Preston Tuesday night.
CBS Connecticut reports police confirmed they located a suicide note and a revolver at the scene. The chief medical examiner's office will be performing autopsies.
Denison's family said she suffered from bipolar disorder and had a history of mental health problems.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles