Debra Denison, Conn. grandma, killed her two grandchildren then herself, police say
State police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance says 47-year-old Debra Denison was armed when she left her Stonington, Conn. home to pick up the children from their daycare in North Stonington Tuesday afternoon. Vance says Denison had permission to pick up the children.
State police issued an Amber Alert Tuesday evening for Denison, 2-year-old Alton Perry and his 6-month-old brother, Ashton. The three bodies were found in a parked car in nearby Preston Tuesday night.
CBS Connecticut reports police confirmed they located a suicide note and a revolver at the scene. The chief medical examiner's office will be performing autopsies.
Denison's family said she suffered from bipolar disorder and had a history of mental health problems.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty