Joliet Murders Update: Suspects had sex on top of corpses, report says
The 24-year-old Miner reportedly told investigators that 18-year-old Massaro once told him that she fantasized about having sex with a dead person.
So, according to the police reports, that's how Miner got the disturbing idea to engage in sex on top of the two men they had just allegedly killed.
The Patch reports Massaro initially resisted the request. However, they then placed something -perhaps a sheet or a blanket - on top of the bodies and had sex.
Massaro and Miner, along with Adam Landerman, 19, and Bethany McKee, 18, are accused of luring Terrance Rankins and Eric Glover to Massaro's home, then robbing and killing both victims, CBS Chicago reports. The suspects also allegedly tried to dismember Rankins' and Glover's bodies and then continued to party together, according to the station.
CBS Chicago reported shortly after the horrific incident that the suspects and victims appeared to be friends.
Joliet Police chief Michael Trafton said the four suspects were not tested for drugs or alcohol when they were arrested, according to the station.
Suspect Landerman is reportedly the son of a Joliet police sergeant.
County records show Massaro has a restraining order against Miner, who has an extensive criminal record - including a pending child pornography charge, according to the station.
"This is one of the most brutal, heinous and upsetting things I've ever seen in my 27 years of law enforcement," Trafton said at the time. "Not only the crime scene, but the disregard for common decency toward human beings."
Police were notified about two dead bodies at the house, and officers noticed movement inside the house so they went in, Trafton said.
He said Landerman, Massaro and Miner were playing video games and were "very much surprised" when the police arrived. McKee had left before police arrived but was picked up by authorities in Kankakee, Ill. shortly after, police said.
More on Crimesider
Jan. 17, 2013 - Joliet Murders: Victims of grisly murder were friends with suspects, report says
Jan. 15, 2013: Joliet Murders: Four charged in strangulation and attempted dismemberment of two Ill. males
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Wife guilty of murder for pushing husband out window
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call