Kaitlin Hehir, Mich. court clerk, dismembered, boyfriend to be charged with murder, report says
Hehir's boyfriend, 28, who also lived in the home, is a suspect in her murder and is expected to be arraigned Tuesday, according to CBS Detroit.
Hehir's boyfriend, who remains unnamed until he is arraigned, called police to report Hehir missing after she had reportedly dropped him off at home and then returned to a party, Public Safety Director Robert Schultz said, according to CBS Detroit.
Friends said, however, Hehir had not returned to the party after leaving to give her boyfriend a ride, the station reports.
Schultz said investigators later discovered evidence, reportedly bloody plastic, inside the couple's home and took the man into custody.
Schultz said the suspect later confessed that he and Hehir had gotten into an argument which turned physical, the station reports.
Hehir's cause of death has not been determined.
The case is being reviewed by the Oakland County Prosecutor's office.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin