Robbers beat man, steal $3,500, before he could buy engagement ring
According to Sgt. Brian Parrish of the Mesquite Police Department, the shopper was at Kay Jewelers on Valentine's Day, with $3,500 in cash.
"He was going to the jewelers to pick up an engagement ring, which was a surprise for his girlfriend," Parrish told CBS DFW. "He had cash in his hand; at that time he was approached by two suspects. Those suspects assaulted the man and took the cash. They ran from the mall."
Parrish said the victim was, "... just a hard-working guy. He works two jobs and it looks like [he's] a guy just trying to build a family."
According to CBS DFW, the victim was attacked so viciously that his jaw was broken and a tooth was knocked out. "They injured the man to the extent that his injuries would be covered under [the charge] Serious Bodily Injury," Parrish said.
Given that the attack happened during at an open shopping mall - Town Mall East - authorities in the city in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area want to quickly close this case and put the public at ease.
"Our investigators are exceptionally motivated to find these individuals, Parrish said."
North Texans are being asked to take a look at surveillance video from the mall that shows the suspects on an escalator and inside the mall.
Anyone with information about the attack or the robbers involved is asked to contact Mesquite police at (972) 285-6336.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor