Jessica Ridgeway Update: Sex charge added against Austin Sigg, murder suspect in Colo. girl's death
(CBS/AP) GOLDEN, Colo. - A sexual exploitation charge was added against a Colorado teen accused of kidnapping and killing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, prosecutors said.
Austin Sigg, 18, is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Friday in Golden, Colo. He already faces murder, kidnapping, sexual assault and robbery charges for allegedly killing Jessica in October 2012 and attacking a runner that same year.
Attorneys for the state said they're dropping two charges against Sigg but adding the exploitation charge because of a video of a child found during their investigation.
The Colorado Supreme Court overturned a judge's decision to close Friday's proceedings in which prosecutors plan to lay out their case.
Prosecutors expect the hearing to move ahead, even though a hearing earlier this month was canceled as the media challenged the decision to close it.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Ex-judge charged with stealing cocaine from cases