Las Vegas Strip Shooting Update: Kenny Clutch, aspiring rapper, among dead in fatal attack
(CBS/AP) LAS VEGAS - Aspiring rapper Kenneth Cherry Jr., also known as Kenny Clutch, was one of three people killed in a deadly car-to-car shooting in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip Thursday morning.
Cherry was driving a Maserati when a Range Rover pulled up and began shooting into the car, CBS Las Vegas reports. Cherry was killed and his passenger was injured. Two others were killed when Cherry's Maserati ran a red light and smashed into a taxi that exploded into flames.
The shooting occurred at Las Vegas Boulevard and Flamingo Road, the site of several major hotel-casinos and about a block away from where rapper Tupac Shakur was killed in a drive-by shooting in 1996 under similar circumstances.
"This is something you never want to go through," Cherry's father, Kenneth Cherry Sr., told KNTV. "This is the hardest thing in my life right now because you never want your children to leave before you leave."
According to his Facebook page, Cherry is from Oakland, Calif. and lived in Las Vegas.
Police said previously that they believe the violence was prompted by an earlier altercation at a hotel. Authorities are still searching for the Range Rover believed to be involved in the shooting.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Ex-judge charged with stealing cocaine from cases