Deanna Ballman Murder: Ali Salim, Ohio doctor, pleads not guilty in 2012 murder of pregnant woman
A judge set a $1 million bond for Salim, an amount the Delaware County prosecutor expected Salim could pay. The judge also said the New Albany man will be on house arrest and must wear a GPS monitoring device.
Salim is expected of killing Deanna Ballman and her unborn child last summer after she responded to an online job ad he placed.
Prosecutors had asked for a $5 million bond, arguing that Salim mistreated Ballman's corpse and that the violence was not isolated. Prosecutors also said Salim, who is from Pakistan, is a flight risk because of the amount of evidence to be presented against him.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin