Deanna Ballman Murder: Ali Salim, Ohio doctor, pleads not guilty in 2012 murder of pregnant woman
A judge set a $1 million bond for Salim, an amount the Delaware County prosecutor expected Salim could pay. The judge also said the New Albany man will be on house arrest and must wear a GPS monitoring device.
Salim is expected of killing Deanna Ballman and her unborn child last summer after she responded to an online job ad he placed.
Prosecutors had asked for a $5 million bond, arguing that Salim mistreated Ballman's corpse and that the violence was not isolated. Prosecutors also said Salim, who is from Pakistan, is a flight risk because of the amount of evidence to be presented against him.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"