Utah women poured hot sauce in boy's eyes, arrested on multiple child abuse charges, police say
(CBS/AP) WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - Police said two women were arrested on multiple child abuse charges after they allegedly duct-taped a teenage boy, forced him to use marijuana and poured hot sauce in his eyes to punish him over a two-year period.
Police said the 33-year-old woman and 38-year-old woman began abusing the older woman's son two years ago when he was 12. The women allegedly tried to force the boy to smoke marijuana and poured alcohol over his face and mouth while prying his mouth open.
Authorities say that on one occasion in 2011, the boy broke a glass dish and one woman pushed the boy onto the glass and poured Tabasco sauce in his eyes and face to punish him.
The women were arrested on multiple felony child abuse and endangerment charges.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths