Utah women poured hot sauce in boy's eyes, arrested on multiple child abuse charges, police say
(CBS/AP) WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - Police said two women were arrested on multiple child abuse charges after they allegedly duct-taped a teenage boy, forced him to use marijuana and poured hot sauce in his eyes to punish him over a two-year period.
Police said the 33-year-old woman and 38-year-old woman began abusing the older woman's son two years ago when he was 12. The women allegedly tried to force the boy to smoke marijuana and poured alcohol over his face and mouth while prying his mouth open.
Authorities say that on one occasion in 2011, the boy broke a glass dish and one woman pushed the boy onto the glass and poured Tabasco sauce in his eyes and face to punish him.
The women were arrested on multiple felony child abuse and endangerment charges.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Ill. man dodges $70 restaurant bill, gets 3 years in prison