Ron Kronenberger, Ohio landlord, whipped tenant for falling behind on rent, police say
Police in the village of Waynesville say 53-year-old Ron Kronenberger is charged with assault for the Jan. 22 encounter in his office. He was due in court Thursday in Warren County.
Police say Kronenberger told the 29-year-old tenant that if he was going to act like a child, he would treat him like one. He then allegedly hit him four times with a belt, leaving small marks.
Police say the tenant told them he was scared and just wanted to get it over with.
The Dayton Daily News reports Kronenberger is a former chamber of commerce president. His home phone wasn't taking messages Thursday.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom