48 Hours Exclusive: Murder suspect Andrea Sneiderman's friend Joseph Dell speaks out
(CBS) -- On Nov. 19, 2010, Andrea Sneiderman's husband, Rusty, was gunned down in the parking lot of the upscale suburban Atlanta daycare center where he had just dropped off the couple's two-year-old son. Today, more than two years later, Andrea is in an Atlanta courtroom for a hearing on charges that she orchestrated her Harvard-educated husband's murder.
In March 2012, Andrea's boss at General Electric, Hemy Neuman, was convicted of actually shooting Russell Sneiderman. The jury found Neuman guilty but mentally ill, after he said he heard voices that were urging him to murder Rusty.
At Neuman's trial, Andrea took the stand as a prosecution witness and, by most accounts, emerged looking like an evasive, cold woman. Now, she is facing trial herself, for her alleged involvement in the murder of husband. Prosecutors believe Andrea pushed and manipulated Hemy Neuman into committing the murder.
Andrea has pleaded not guilty to the charges against her and denies any involvement in her husband's death. Her trial is scheduled to begin July 29.
Reports surfaced recently that prosecutors want to know more about the relationship between Andrea and a man named Joseph Dell. There are recordings of jailhouse phone conversations between Andrea and Dell where he is reportedly heard saying he loves her. Full transcripts of the recordings have not been made made public, and Dell has not spoken publicly about them - until now. He spoke to 48 Hours exclusively before Thursday's hearing.
Here are two parts of that conversation. More of it will be seen in a planned future edition of 48 Hours that will include more exclusive information about the case.
Video credits: Producer: Michelle Feuer; Associate Producer: Ian Margol; Camera: Dale West and Roger Herr
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out