48 Hours Exclusive: Murder suspect Andrea Sneiderman's friend Joseph Dell speaks out
(CBS) -- On Nov. 19, 2010, Andrea Sneiderman's husband, Rusty, was gunned down in the parking lot of the upscale suburban Atlanta daycare center where he had just dropped off the couple's two-year-old son. Today, more than two years later, Andrea is in an Atlanta courtroom for a hearing on charges that she orchestrated her Harvard-educated husband's murder.
In March 2012, Andrea's boss at General Electric, Hemy Neuman, was convicted of actually shooting Russell Sneiderman. The jury found Neuman guilty but mentally ill, after he said he heard voices that were urging him to murder Rusty.
At Neuman's trial, Andrea took the stand as a prosecution witness and, by most accounts, emerged looking like an evasive, cold woman. Now, she is facing trial herself, for her alleged involvement in the murder of husband. Prosecutors believe Andrea pushed and manipulated Hemy Neuman into committing the murder.
Andrea has pleaded not guilty to the charges against her and denies any involvement in her husband's death. Her trial is scheduled to begin July 29.
Reports surfaced recently that prosecutors want to know more about the relationship between Andrea and a man named Joseph Dell. There are recordings of jailhouse phone conversations between Andrea and Dell where he is reportedly heard saying he loves her. Full transcripts of the recordings have not been made made public, and Dell has not spoken publicly about them - until now. He spoke to 48 Hours exclusively before Thursday's hearing.
Here are two parts of that conversation. More of it will be seen in a planned future edition of 48 Hours that will include more exclusive information about the case.
Video credits: Producer: Michelle Feuer; Associate Producer: Ian Margol; Camera: Dale West and Roger Herr
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt