"Barefoot Bandit" Update: Colton Harris-Moore faces new criminal charges
Although Colton Harris-Moore is already serving a 7-year prison term, he now faces new theft and burglary charges in Washington.
The 21-year-old pleaded guilty to state and federal charges stemming from a 2010 cross-country run that took him from the Pacific Northwest to the Bahamas, where he was arrested in a hail of bullets.
The Skagit County prosecutor declined to sign on to the plea agreement resolving state charges and this month filed new charges. Harris-Moore is accused of stealing a plane belonging to an Anacortes couple and flying it to the Orcas Island airport.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case