Rob Morrison, NY TV news anchor, resigns amid choking allegations
WCBS-TV released a statement Wednesday saying that anchor Rob Morrison had quit, effective immediately.
In the statement, Morrison says his family is his "first and only priority" and that he needs to put all his energy into doing what's best for his wife and son.
Morrison was arrested Sunday in Darien, Conn., on charges that he threatened and choked his wife, fellow television journalist Ashley Morrison. She is an anchor for "CBS Moneywatch."
He has denied choking or otherwise assaulting her.
More on Crimesider
Feb. 19, 2013 - Rob Morrison, NY TV news anchor, accused of choking wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case