Nikita Levy, former Maryland gynecologist accused of recording patients, found dead
(CBS) TOWSON, Md. - A former gynecologist took his own life while facing allegations he took pictures and video of his patients without their knowledge, CBS Baltimore reports.
Dr. Nikita Levy was found dead in his Towson home on Monday.
Johns Hopkins Hospital security was alerted on Feb. 4 by another staff member that Levy was using personal video equipment to tape his patients, the station reports. Police are now trying to determine if others were involved.
A spokesperson for Johns Hopkins says Levy was let go from the staff earlier this month, CBS Baltimore reports. Johns Hopkins has reportedly launched their own investigation into the matter.
Prior to Levy's death, he reportedly sent a letter to his patients notifying them that he had left the facility. He failed to say why.
Baltimore Police have reportedly contacted some of the victims, but they say the numbers coming forward could be huge. Levy saw around 1,000 patients since getting his medical license in 1988.
Baltimore Police say all patients of Levy's should call a hotline that has been set up at: 410-396-2269 to see if they were victimized.
According to the Maryland Board of Physicians, Levy still had an active medical license at the time of his death and had no known disciplinary actions against him, the station reports.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web