Detroit police seek gunman after shooting outside child's birthday party
Investigators say gunfire broke out around 8 p.m. Tuesday outside of the home on the east side of Detroit.
Police say a 21-year-old man attending the party noticed the suspect and several persons outside the home involved in a physical altercation. As the man began to break up the altercation, police say the suspect produced a weapon and fired shots, the station reports.
The 21-year-old man received a gunshot wound and was taken to a local hospital where he was last listed in temporary-serious condition, according to the station.
The suspect is described as a 22-year-old black male, 5'10" with a thin to medium build, dark complexion and a goatee. At the time of the shooting, the suspect was reportedly wearing a hooded sweatshirt and white jeans. Police say the suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detroit police at 313-596-1340 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case