Judy Viger, NY mom, hired strippers for son's 16th birthday party, police say
(CBS/AP) SOUTH GLENS FALLS, N.Y. - A New York mother was charged Monday for hiring two strippers for her son's 16th birthday party, police said.
South Glens Falls police said 33-year-old Judy Viger faces five counts of child endangerment for hiring two women to perform lewd dances for five teens under the age of 17 at a bowling alley on Nov. 3, 2012.
The investigation began after people concerned about the party showed authorities racy photos posted online. Police said the dancers performed "personal and intimate" dances on the teenagers, CBS affiliate WRGB-TV reported.
A person who works at the company where Viger allegedly hired the strippers told WRGB-TV that the incident was "blown out of proportion" and that the dancers were unaware the teens were underage.
Viger is due in court on March 7.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship