Rob Morrison, NY TV news anchor, accused of choking his wife
Police were called to the home of Rob and Ashley Morrison by Ashley's mother at around 1:30 a.m. on Feb. 17.
"Upon arrival, it was ascertained that Morrison had been becoming increasingly belligerent toward his wife during the course of the evening culminating in his choking her by the neck with both hands," said a statement from Darien Police.
According to the statement, police observed red marks on Mrs. Morrison's neck that were "consistent with this allegation." Mrs. Morrison did not request medical treatment.
"Morrison was placed under arrest and, while being processed, made verbal threats to do his wife additional harm which were overheard by arresting officers," police said.
A CBS New York spokesperson told Crimesider that the station is declining to comment on the arrest because it is a personal matter.
Ashley Morrison is a reporter for CBS MoneyWatch.
According to CBS New York, the couple put out a statement Monday saying they are cooperating with police and are confident a full investigation will show the allegations have been "greatly exaggerated."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her