Elaine Cook, Ill. woman, allegedly bit off boyfriend's tongue after dispute
Elaine Cook, 51, of Skokie, Ill. is charged with aggravated domestic battery. The Chicago Sun-Times reports that she was ordered held Sunday in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Cook and her boyfriend allegedly got into a fight on Friday, after returning home from spending the night out celebrating Valentine's Day, the paper reports. The 51-year-old woman reportedly asked her boyfriend to leave her apartment in the midst of an argument and bit off part of his tongue after he kissed her.
Assistant State's Attorney Eve Reilly says the boyfriend put the severed tongue on ice but doctors at Evanston Hospital were unable to reattach it because of an inadequate blood supply.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out