Elaine Cook, Ill. woman, allegedly bit off boyfriend's tongue after dispute
Elaine Cook, 51, of Skokie, Ill. is charged with aggravated domestic battery. The Chicago Sun-Times reports that she was ordered held Sunday in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Cook and her boyfriend allegedly got into a fight on Friday, after returning home from spending the night out celebrating Valentine's Day, the paper reports. The 51-year-old woman reportedly asked her boyfriend to leave her apartment in the midst of an argument and bit off part of his tongue after he kissed her.
Assistant State's Attorney Eve Reilly says the boyfriend put the severed tongue on ice but doctors at Evanston Hospital were unable to reattach it because of an inadequate blood supply.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call