Brooklyn rabbi tried to meet 14-year-old girl for sex, prosecutor says
The Brooklyn district attorney's office says Nathan David Rabinowich, 59, was arrested Wednesday after he showed up at a pre-arranged meeting in Queens.
Rabinowich is being held pending arraignment on charges of attempted rape, attempted criminal sexual act and attempted endangering the welfare of a child. A telephone message left with his attorney was not immediately returned.
Authorities say the rabbi, who also operates a tour business, faces up to four years in prison if convicted.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case