Brooklyn rabbi tried to meet 14-year-old girl for sex, prosecutor says
The Brooklyn district attorney's office says Nathan David Rabinowich, 59, was arrested Wednesday after he showed up at a pre-arranged meeting in Queens.
Rabinowich is being held pending arraignment on charges of attempted rape, attempted criminal sexual act and attempted endangering the welfare of a child. A telephone message left with his attorney was not immediately returned.
Authorities say the rabbi, who also operates a tour business, faces up to four years in prison if convicted.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home