Rapper DMX, aka Earl Simmons, arrested in S.C. for driving without a license
According to local police officials, Simmons was arrested at 1 a.m. after leaving a gas station in Greer - with his 5-month-old daughter in the back seat of the car, the station reports.
After spending nearly five hours in jail, Simmons was released upon paying a fine.
Simmons is no stranger to run-ins with the law. Since 1998, he has been arrested multiple times on charges including using indecent language, driving under the influence, impersonating a federal agent, criminal possession of a weapon, drug possession, animal cruelty, and assault with a deadly weapon, according to CBS Charlotte.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias' lawyers tried to quit, judge wouldn't let them
- Wife guilty of murder for pushing husband out window