Christopher Dorner Update: Police reportedly exchange gunfire with fugitive
(CBS/AP) - Federal authorities exchanged gunfire with fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner in the Big Bear area of Southern California on Tuesday, sources tell the Los Angeles Times.
Dorner, 33, is accused of killing three people as part of a revenge-driven rampage against the Los Angeles Police Department. A $1 million reward has been offered in the case.
According to the Times, Dorner burglarized a home, tied up the couple inside, and stole a car before the shootout occurred.
Complete coverage of Christopher Dorner on Crimesider
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths