Salwa Amin, MTV reality show "Buckwild" cast member, arrested on drug charge, police say
(CBS/AP) CHARLESTON, W. Va. - A female cast member of the MTV reality show "Buckwild" appeared in a West Virginia court Monday after police say they found heroin and oxycodone pills in a house she was in.
Salwa Amin, 24, was arraigned in Nicholas County Magistrate Court on felony charges of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. She is held at the Central Regional Jail on $200,000 bond.
State police said a multi-agency task force arrested Amin and two others late Sunday at a Suumersville home after receiving a tip from an informant. Officers said they found oxycodone pills and heroin.
"Buckwild" depicts young West Virginians. It has drawn criticism for what some see as a negative portrayal of the state's youth.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot