Salwa Amin, MTV reality show "Buckwild" cast member, arrested on drug charge, police say
(CBS/AP) CHARLESTON, W. Va. - A female cast member of the MTV reality show "Buckwild" appeared in a West Virginia court Monday after police say they found heroin and oxycodone pills in a house she was in.
Salwa Amin, 24, was arraigned in Nicholas County Magistrate Court on felony charges of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. She is held at the Central Regional Jail on $200,000 bond.
State police said a multi-agency task force arrested Amin and two others late Sunday at a Suumersville home after receiving a tip from an informant. Officers said they found oxycodone pills and heroin.
"Buckwild" depicts young West Virginians. It has drawn criticism for what some see as a negative portrayal of the state's youth.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case