Morgan Gliedman, NYC woman, pleads not guilty in Greenwich Village explosives case
Gliedman remained free on bail following her arraignment Monday in Manhattan state Supreme Court.
Prosecutors say Gliedman's boyfriend, Aaron Greene, had a weapons cache in their Greenwich Village apartment that included bomb-making explosives.
Investigators believe the powder was hexamethylene tiperoxide diamine, or HMTD, a highly explosive ingredient used in bomb making that was discovered in Greene and Gliedman's apartment in December, police said.
She also has a drug case and theft case pending, CBS New York reported.
According to court papers, Gliedman told investigators that her boyfriend suggested buying more guns. She said he was concerned that gun possession laws would be tightened in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., school massacre.
She gave birth to a daughter, Melody, while in custody and was ordered to undergo drug treatment, CBS New York reports.
Gliedman is the daughter of a prominent real estate agent and a top-rated New York oncologist, the station says.
Gliedman, 27, and Greene, 31, were arrested in December 2012 after a police search of their home turned up papers titled "The Terrorist Encyclopedia" and "Deadly Homemade Weapons." Officials say they also found 7 grams of HMTD forcing the evacuation of three buildings in Greenwich Village.
More on Crimesider
Jan. 11, 2013 - Aaron Greene, NYC man, planned to blow up Washington Square Park arch, police say
Dec. 31, 2012 - NYC couple arrested after explosive substance, papers entitled "The Terrorist Encyclopedia" found in apartment
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death