Morgan Gliedman, NYC woman, pleads not guilty in Greenwich Village explosives case
Gliedman remained free on bail following her arraignment Monday in Manhattan state Supreme Court.
Prosecutors say Gliedman's boyfriend, Aaron Greene, had a weapons cache in their Greenwich Village apartment that included bomb-making explosives.
Investigators believe the powder was hexamethylene tiperoxide diamine, or HMTD, a highly explosive ingredient used in bomb making that was discovered in Greene and Gliedman's apartment in December, police said.
She also has a drug case and theft case pending, CBS New York reported.
According to court papers, Gliedman told investigators that her boyfriend suggested buying more guns. She said he was concerned that gun possession laws would be tightened in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., school massacre.
She gave birth to a daughter, Melody, while in custody and was ordered to undergo drug treatment, CBS New York reports.
Gliedman is the daughter of a prominent real estate agent and a top-rated New York oncologist, the station says.
Gliedman, 27, and Greene, 31, were arrested in December 2012 after a police search of their home turned up papers titled "The Terrorist Encyclopedia" and "Deadly Homemade Weapons." Officials say they also found 7 grams of HMTD forcing the evacuation of three buildings in Greenwich Village.
More on Crimesider
Jan. 11, 2013 - Aaron Greene, NYC man, planned to blow up Washington Square Park arch, police say
Dec. 31, 2012 - NYC couple arrested after explosive substance, papers entitled "The Terrorist Encyclopedia" found in apartment
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths