Man dressed as Joker arrested for harassing Applebee's patrons in upstate N.Y.
Chase, who was wearing face paint, a wig and all black clothing at the time of his arrest, appeared in court Thursday, Feb. 7 on charges of harassment and trespassing for refusing to leave the restaurant.
Police say Chase was drunk, acting erratically and refused to leave the Applebee's. Police didn't want to take any chances with Chase, especially after the recent mass shooting in Aurora, Colo., where the shooter walked into a crowded movie theater, dressed as the Joker, and opened fire, WIVB reports.
The station reports this isn't the first time Chase has behaved erratically in the same costume. The owner of Good Times Saloon, a restaurant just down the street from the Applebee's, told WIVB that Chase had been dressed and made up the same way at least three times in the last two weeks.
Just before the Applebee's incident Feb. 3, the Good Times owner says Chase was making gun gestures toward the bartender at his establishment.
After Chase's arrest, he was taken to an area hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.
On Thursday, a judge granted Chase an adjournment until next month. The reasons for the adjournment were not disclosed.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.