Delaware Courthouse Shooting Update: Suspect, wife, and one other killed in morning gunfight, police say
(CBS) WILMINGTON, Del. - Three people are dead, including the alleged gunman, after a gunfight erupted inside the lobby of the New Castle County Courthouse Monday morning, according to Delaware State Police.
CBS Philly reports that according investigators, the gunman entered the lobby of the courthouse, pulled out a gun and opened fire at about 8 a.m. Two Capitol police officers were wounded during the shootout.
The suspect's estranged wife and a second unidentified female were shot and killed by the gunman. According to Wilmington Mayor Dennis Williams, the suspected gunman was then killed by police.
The motive for the shooting was not immediately known.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case