Delaware Courthouse Shooting Update: Suspect, wife, and one other killed in morning gunfight, police say
(CBS) WILMINGTON, Del. - Three people are dead, including the alleged gunman, after a gunfight erupted inside the lobby of the New Castle County Courthouse Monday morning, according to Delaware State Police.
CBS Philly reports that according investigators, the gunman entered the lobby of the courthouse, pulled out a gun and opened fire at about 8 a.m. Two Capitol police officers were wounded during the shootout.
The suspect's estranged wife and a second unidentified female were shot and killed by the gunman. According to Wilmington Mayor Dennis Williams, the suspected gunman was then killed by police.
The motive for the shooting was not immediately known.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case