Chris Kyle Death: Thousands expected to pay tribute to ex-Navy SEAL shot to death at Texas gun range
(CBS/AP) ARLINGTON, Texas - Thousands of mourners are expected to attend Monday to a public memorial service for former Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, who was shot to deat at a Texas shooting range earlier this month.
Mourners will gather at Cowboys Stadium to pay tribute to 38-year-old Kyle, who was reputed to be the deadliest sniper in American military history. Kyle left the Navy in 2009 after four tours of duty in Iraq and wrote the best-selling book "American Sniper."
Eddie Routh, 25, was charged in the killings of Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield at a gun range on Feb. 2.
Kyle will be buried at the Texas State Cemetery in Austin after a 200-mile funeral procession starting in the Dallas area on Tuesday.
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments