Christopher Dorner Manhunt: Police reportedly shoot two people in hunt for suspected killer ex-cop
(CBS/AP) LOS ANGELES - Police on the hunt for a former cop accused of killing three people shot multiple people themselves this morning after coming across vehicles that appeared to match the Nissan Titan that suspect Christopher Dorner is believed to be driving, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Around 1:30 a.m. Thursday, Dorner, 33, allegedly opened fire on police, injuring one officer before fleeing. Soon after, police believe Dorner ambushed two Riverside police officers, killing one.
Dorner also is wanted in the killings of Monica Quan, 28, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence, 27, who were found shot to death in their car in Irvine, Calif. Sunday night. Quan was an assistant women's basketball coach at Cal State Fullerton and Lawrence was a public safety officer at the University of Southern California.
Quan's father represented Dorner in front of the Board of Rights, a tribunal that ruled against Dorner when he was dismissed from the force in 2008, for making false statements in an investigation.
According to the Los Angeles Times, around 5:20 a.m. on Thursday, police searching for Dorner allegedly shot two people in Torrence, Calif. Both were reportedly transported to an area hospital. A second shooting occurred 25 minutes later involving Torrence police officers, according to the Times. No one was injured in the second incident.
The Times reports that police say Dorner was not involved in either of the later Thursday morning incidents.
Dorner is believed to be driving a 2005 blue or gray Nissan Titan, with California license plate 8D83987 or 7X09131, according to the Times.
Complete coverage of Christopher Dorner on Crimesider
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call