Christopher Dorner Manhunt: Police reportedly shoot two people in hunt for suspected killer ex-cop
(CBS/AP) LOS ANGELES - Police on the hunt for a former cop accused of killing three people shot multiple people themselves this morning after coming across vehicles that appeared to match the Nissan Titan that suspect Christopher Dorner is believed to be driving, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Around 1:30 a.m. Thursday, Dorner, 33, allegedly opened fire on police, injuring one officer before fleeing. Soon after, police believe Dorner ambushed two Riverside police officers, killing one.
Dorner also is wanted in the killings of Monica Quan, 28, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence, 27, who were found shot to death in their car in Irvine, Calif. Sunday night. Quan was an assistant women's basketball coach at Cal State Fullerton and Lawrence was a public safety officer at the University of Southern California.
Quan's father represented Dorner in front of the Board of Rights, a tribunal that ruled against Dorner when he was dismissed from the force in 2008, for making false statements in an investigation.
According to the Los Angeles Times, around 5:20 a.m. on Thursday, police searching for Dorner allegedly shot two people in Torrence, Calif. Both were reportedly transported to an area hospital. A second shooting occurred 25 minutes later involving Torrence police officers, according to the Times. No one was injured in the second incident.
The Times reports that police say Dorner was not involved in either of the later Thursday morning incidents.
Dorner is believed to be driving a 2005 blue or gray Nissan Titan, with California license plate 8D83987 or 7X09131, according to the Times.
Complete coverage of Christopher Dorner on Crimesider
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today