Tulsa Apartment Murders Update: Police arrest brothers in quadruple killing
(CBS/AP) TULSA, Okla. - Police in Oklahoma say they have arrested two brothers in the shooting deaths of four women at a Tulsa apartment complex last month.
Authorities say 32-year-old James Poore and 39-year-old Cedric Poore lived in the same apartment complex where the women were found. Officers wouldn't disclose a motive for the Jan. 7 killings, saying the investigation continues.
The brothers have not yet been formally charged.
On Jan. 7 twin sisters Rebeika Powell and Kayetie Powell-Melchor, 23; Misty Nunley, 33, and Julie Jackson, 55 were found murdered inside an apartment at the Fairmont Terrace Apartments in Tulsa. Police say each woman was shot. A 3-year-old boy also found inside the apartment was unharmed.
Investigators believe the killings occurred during the daytime because someone had heard from one of the victims a few hours before the bodies were found at midday.
CBS affiliate KOTV reports Cedric Poore has been in the Tulsa County jail on a traffic violation since January 14, and James Poore was arrested Wednesday morning. Department of Corrections records show James Poore has been previously incarcerated for robbery with a firearm.
Police have confirmed that the four women's deaths were not gang-related, KOTV reports.
The station says more arrests may be made in the case.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial